Thursday, March 27, 2008

Edelbrock Manifold Secured

Haven't blogged in a long time, but I did get the manifold for the Cadillac 500 that is planned for a swap into the Chevelle. Here's some pics, mostly because I was jazzed about it, not because you don't already know what an intake looks like:

Edelbrock 500 Intake 2

Edelbrock 500 Intake 3

Edelbrock 500 Intake 4

You'll note in this final photo that the center divider has been cut down (or rather cast low) at the factory. I found that interesting. Apparently the big brute makes so much torque that it was decided to add a little to the upper end by leaving out some of the plenum divider.

I don't know how quickly this will all progress, due to both money and time constraints. My brother wants to race "every weekend at any track within a five hour drive of here," so I'm thinkin' I'm gonna be kinda busy just maintaining the machine with its current small block and four speed setup. At least there should be some interesting posts on that this summer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home