Monday, August 07, 2006

STILL not quire right, but it does go left/right

Finished up the installation of the new AGR steering box tonight. Got the system all bled, fluid level topped off, pulled it out of the driveway for a test ride...

It sucks.

I could be the big idiot here, and I know it's supposed to be more firm, but you cannot turn the wheel comfortably with one hand. In addition, it will not return to center on its own. You have to turn it back and position it there. I have already posted at chevelles.com for help, and will be calling AGR tomorrow for ideas, but I'm not happy with it. I'll be pretty bummed if I find out it's actually supposed to be that way! I tried to do some internet searching, and all I found were some vague mentions about a possible mod to the PS pump, but it shed no further light on the subject.

*sigh*

Nothing is ever easy with these things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home